Alpine is an approved provider under the Colorado Respite Coalition's Family Respite Voucher Program: Respiteallows you to take time off from caregiving duties while someone else cares for your loved one. Caregivers, who provide over 40 hours/week of unpaid care for a family member, friend, or neighbor with a special need in Colorado can receive a respite voucher that pays for respite services by Alpine, as an approved provider (as long as they are not part of any other funding program, e.g. Medicaid waiver). The voucher program includes your typical personal care and homemaking services, as well as adult day services, provided by Alpine Adult Day Care. Please consult the below checklist, FAQs and applications to determine your eligibility and apply for the program. You can also call us at 303 309 6202.
Eligibility Checklist (must meet all points to be considered for voucher funds):
- The family caregiver provides unpaid care for a family member, friend, or neighbor (broadening the definition of “family”); both individuals live in Colorado.
- Family caregiver provides full-time care (40 hours or more) weekly.
- The care recipient has a "special need", i.e. requires care to meet basic needs, prevent injury or avoid placement in long-term care facility.
- Respite services will be provided by an Approved Provider (after receiving voucher award)
- The family caregiver can utilize the voucher within 120 days. Unused voucher funds must be returned
- The family is currently not receiving any funding that could be used for respite care (e.g. Medicaid waiver).
Completed Applications should be send to: Postal mail: Colorado Respite Care Program eMail/Scan: email@example.com ATTN: Elle Billman Fax: 303 233 - 1082 393 S. Harlan St, Suite 108 Questions: 303 233 1666 x225 Lakewood, CO 80226